The International Collaborating Center for Aquaculture and Fisheries Sustainability (ICAFIS), with support from the WWF Coral Triangle Program and The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, organized the two-day stakeholder training workshop and the four-day technical workshop
- Stakeholder workshop: 5 – 6 October 2015
The workshop is designed to increase the capacity of local stakeholders from industry, government, academia and non-government organizations (MARD, DARD, Dfish, VIFEP, VINAFIS, ICAFIS, RIMF, VASEP, NIO, VINATUNA,Sea Delight, Anova, …. ) to more effectively engage in FIPs.The stakeholder workshop focused on the basis and structure of FIPs, why FIPs are important and what they can accomplish for fisheries and how stakeholders can and should engage in the FIP process. The training addressed those critical elements that should be in place to help ensure that a FIP is successful, including the use of the Marine Stewardship Council as a benchmarking tool to develop FIPs. Lastly issues such as communication, funding and best practices have been addressed through the case study presentations of attendee from Scaling Blue, LLC, Anova /Fishing & Living, WWF-India, FACOD/Ben Tre VINAFIS, WWF-Vietnam….
FIP technical workshop: 7 – 10 October 2015
The four-day technical workshop has been designed to build the capabilities of suitably qualified candidates to lead on the development and implementation of specific FIP activities either independently or as part of a team.
The goal of the training is to
- provide detailed coverage of the MSC standard in the context of undertaking fishery pre-assessments and scoping studies;
- demonstrate how to use the MSC scoring system to develop FIP Action Plans that addresses fishery improvement needs;
- explain the stakeholder engagement process for finalizing action plans and milestones as part of the FIP implementation and
- use of program support FIP implementation and milestone tracking.
For more infomation for the Training/Workshop, please contact Ms Nguyen Thi Thanh Tung , email: email@example.com