PROJECT “INCLUSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE CLAM AND BAMBOO VALUE CHAINS DEVOLOPMENT IN VIETNAM”
Supported by: European Commission
Coordinated by: Oxfam in Vietnam
Implemented by :
- International Collaborating Centre for Aquaculture and Fisheries Sustainability (ICAFIS) – for clam value chain project
- Research centre for non timber forest products (NTFPRC) – for bamboo value chain project
- Tien Giang, Tra Vinh, Ben Tre province - for clam value chain project
- Nghe An, Thanh Hoa province - for bamboo value chain project
The Overall Objective is to contribute to reduce poverty and inequality in rural areas of Vietnam through inclusive and sustainable Value Chain (VC) development.
Specific Objectives (SO):
- SSPs and Micro/Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) processors of clam and bamboo VCs have increased income from sustainable production practices, improved business efficiency and access to markets.
- Clams and bamboo value chains in five provinces are better organized, equitable and inclusive.
The activities to be undertaken follow the 5 result areas with their specific outputs:
1. 35,000 SSPs (in clams and bamboo) have enhanced capacity to adopt appropriate production techniques and practice sustainable standards (MSC or MSC-based FIP and FSC).
2. 150 SSP groups are better organized and strengthened capacity to negotiate for their position and equitable benefit sharing among VC stakeholders.
3. 60 MSME processors, including 7 lead firms (LF), enhance added value and improve their investment and sourcing policies through application of innovative management and technologies.
4. Improved SSPs and MSMEs’ access to national and international markets
5. Public private alliances (PPA) established at provincial level function effectively and national policies are improved to enhance and support sustainable and inclusive value chain development.
For more information, please contact: Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Tung- project officer.